Covid 19 Protocols
Covid 19 Protocols
COVID-19 Protocols to help keep our dancers and families safe:
- To enhance safety, excluding emergency situations, only dancers and teachers are permitted to enter the building.
- Screenings: As dancers and staff arrive, we’ll take their temperature with a digital, non-touch thermometer and ask how they’re feeling. Anyone with a temperature of 100°F or higher or reporting or displaying possible COVID-19 symptoms will be sent home.
- Dancers and staff will wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when they enter and exit the building.
- All staff will wear face masks. Dancers will wear face masks when they are not in dance classes.
- To maintain physical distancing of 6′, we’ve added floor guides in the ballet studios and waiting area that mark recommended safe distancing for dancers and staff.
- For safety, the dressing room won’t be in use. Dancers should arrive wearing their ballet clothes, carrying their ballet slippers.
- Indoor Air Quality: In each of our rooftop HVAC units, we’ve installed a Nu-Calgon iWave air purifying device that kills bacteria, molds, and viruses as the air circulates through the system. Our HVAC system exchanges the air in each studio at a generous rate of nine times per hour or every 6.6 minutes. In addition, we have upgraded the air filters for each unit and had the evaporator coils of each unit treated with a professional bactericidal cleaner. We will also open our studio windows as wide as feasible during hours of operation for more ventilation and to increase fresh air circulation.
- Throughout the day, frequently touched surfaces (ballet barres, door handles, bathroom surfaces, light switches, etc.) will be disinfected with CDC recommended cleaning agents that disinfect for COVID-19 and other viruses and bacteria at least hourly.
- After closing each day, we’ll treat the ballet floors and center area floors with an approved disinfecting solution, and deep clean the facility with CDC recommended cleaning solutions.
- A hand sanitizer station is in the waiting area and office, and bathrooms have no touch automatic soap dispensers.
- Props will be disposable as feasible. Non disposable props will be disinfected after each use.